If you want to hold a management position, the possibilities can be endless…in other words, what or who do you want to manage? The following 25 up-and-coming management blogs reflect the wide range of services and products that need management and managers, including community-building, cyber law, risk management, IT management, sports and call center management — just to name a few. These blogs are fresh, as they were created on or before March 2009.
The blogs listed below are arranged in order by the month in which they were created.
- CyberInquirer: Learn about legal perspectives and participate in discussion on cyber law and insurance issues that individuals, businesses, insurance industry professionals and lawyers are facing today (March).
- Model Management Blog: A walk on the fashionable side with this blog that focuses on the edgiest models around for agencies and photographers (March).
- Office of Management and Budget: The White House Office of Management and Budget got their act online in 2009, with information about budget, management, coordination of Federal regulations, legislative clearance and agency tasks (March).
- Risk Management Monitor: This site contains the official blog of Risk Management magazine and provides daily stories, commentary, interviews, podcasts and videos related to the world of risk management and insurance (March).
- Virtualisation & Management Blog: Edvaldo Alessandro Cardoso brings his 20 years’ worth of IT management experience in a variety of Microsoft Technologies to this blog (March).
- Wiser Earth Blog: This blog showcases examples of successful community building and some of the learning they have picked up along the way, while advising community managers and supporting the wider WiserEarth membership of over 30,000 people (March).
- Law Firm Risk Management Blog: This blog is about risk issues and trends, including compliance, conflicts, intake, ethical screens, confidentiality management, legal ethics, technology and other concerns for law firm risk professionals (May).
- The Launch Pad: Receive expert IT advice, money-saving tips and informative articles on computer, Web and IT solutions simplified for non- technical, small business owners and managers (May).
- ENTmind: This is an online entrepreneur magazine that focuses on SEO, product, design, marketing and overall entrepreneurial management (June).
- Enterprise Irregulars: This blog represents a diverse group of practitioners, consultants, investors, journalists, analysts and full time bloggers who share a common passion – enterprise technology and its application to business in the 21st century (August).
- Silk Road “Ink”: SilkRoad Streamline Talent Management runs a blog that allows human resource professionals to strengthen and personalize employee experiences, resulting in a more motivated and engaged workforce (November).
- Webbiquity | B2B Marketing Blog: This blog is focused on the fusion of SEO, search marketing, social media, reputation management, content marketing and interactive PR (November).
- Achieved Strategies: These bloggers are committed to transform how leaders inspire change and to expand how leaders and employees work together to make change happen (December).
- Call Center Workforce Management Tips: Monet Software offers tips and advice for a more effective workforce management in this arena. Monet helps call centers improve workforce management and scheduling by providing expertise and web-based software solutions (February).
- The Business Management Blog: Sage, a provider of accounting and ERP solutions for small and midsized businesses, offers advice and insights for mid-market business management (April).
- International Business PhD: This student in an IB doctoral program at the University of Victoria blogs about enterprise risk management, international business practices, innovation and sustainable business (May).
- IQMS: This company delivers public and in-house management systems training courses throughout the UK and overseas in Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Italy, Indonesia, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Pakistan, Russia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates (May).
- VMware Virtualization Management Blog: The VMware Virtualization Management Blog brings you the latest news and discussions on virtualization management, especially related to VMware’s management products from the VMware vCenter product family (May).
- Disability, Leave & Health Management Blog: With experts in ADA, FMLA, OSHA, substance abuse and HIPAA, the firm of Jackson Lewis enhances legal compliance and reduces business exposures by designing procedures for hiring employees with the highest probability of meeting their business objectives.
- IU Sport Management Blog: Keep track of the many exciting things that the IU Sport Management program is up to, including research and inquiries into many sports areas, classroom initiatives and projects and commentary. The IU Sport Management Program Blog is a collaborative project among the faculty members, doctoral students, and staff of the IU Sport Management / Sport Communication program (June).
- Reverse Pipeline Management: Reverse Pipeline Management Corporation performs contract reverse mortgage processing for mortgage brokers and lenders across the entire United States. The blog is used for business and industry news (August).
- Blog: Career Management: Marcia Zidle, a certified career strategist and business coach, works with high potential, high impact executives, managers and professionals to advance their careers and grow their leadership capabilities. (September).
- BWise: BWise is the global leader in governance, risk and compliance (GRC) management software, with a strong heritage in business process management. BWise has offices in the Netherlands, United States, United Kingdom, Germany and India (October).
- Jessica Journey: Jessica is a nonprofit professional, located in Indianapolis. She shares her perspectives on building community through communications, management and grants (November).
- Enterprise Performance Management Blog: This blog is intended to highlight key EPM market trends, recent events and other news of interest to Oracle’s field, customers and partners (December).