Earning a master’s degree in business or in any other field can expand your horizons and your salary potential. But, you need to find the best search engines to conduct that job search. Or, perhaps you’d feel more comfortable with a recruiter. “Headhunters,” or recruiters can be regional or global and they can focus on executives and in specific fields. In this list of the 50 best high-paying job listing sites for executives and professionals, you can learn about all the resources available for your next career move today.
No matter if studying for a master’s degree in management, have recently graduated, or have been working in the field for years, situations that you have never dealt with before are sure to arise. Before you bother your own manager or make a rash decision, why not look up the answer from someone who has been in the same mess? Although the internet can turn up a number of Wiki-answers for just about everything, there are reliable sources of information.
To help, we have gathered the top 30 management forums and message boards. They are frequented by everyone from students to the CEO and have loads of real life experience to draw from. (more…)
Today’s managers are always on the go. And that means that, more than ever, we rely on mobile communications tools and computers to keep us up to date on all that’s going on at the office, with our employees and with our clients. There are a wide variety of web apps for our computers and phones that can help us be more productive, as well as helping ensure that we’re always in touch. Here are 17 web apps we think will help make you a better manager. We’ve included apps for the Android, the iPhone and for you computer or USB drive as well.
If you want to hold a management position, the possibilities can be endless…in other words, what or who do you want to manage? The following 25 up-and-coming management blogs reflect the wide range of services and products that need management and managers, including community-building, cyber law, risk management, IT management, sports and call center management — just to name a few. These blogs are fresh, as they were created on or before March 2009. (more…)
Business students are usually interested to learn all they can about those who have been successful in business before them. One way to do this that you might not have considered is via YouTube. You see, YouTube has millions of videos, and has captured many of the best speeches made by executives all over the world. In addition, you can find many interviews with these legendary executives, as well. Here are twenty YouTube videos about some of the world’s most successful executives.
- Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett, legendary CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, and one of the world’s richest executives, talks business.
- Bill Gates: A compilation of some of Bill Gates most captivating moments as CEO of Microsoft.
- Steve Jobs: Watch legendary Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduce the Ipod for the first time.
- Steve Jobs and Bill Gates: You’ll love this rare appearance of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates together.
- Lee Iacocca: Former Chairman of Chrysler Lee Iacocca talks about leadership.
- Michael Eisner: Michael Eisner, former CEO of Disney, discusses success and failure in business and in life.
- Katie Couric: Katie Couric interviews Sir Richard Branson, the Chairman of Virgin Group. Branson is one of the world’s most interesting and enjoyable executives to watch. There are several videos about him on You Tube.
- Michael Dell: Michael Dell’s advice to entrepreneurs. Dell is one of the most followed and smartest executives in business today.
- Steve Ballmer: Current Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is quite a presenter.He is energetic and enthusiastic to the extreme. See some of his wildest moments here.
- Alan Greenspan: Former Federal Reserve Chairman, author and leading economist is interviewed. Get his perspective on business and the economy from this video.
- Rich Barton: Hear from the founder of Zillow and Expedia. Barton talks about his vision for Zillow and how he has worked to achieve it and make Zillow a great resource for those buying and selling real estate.
- Jack Welch: The former legendary CEO of GE speaks at 2009 Global Business Forum.
- Guy Kawasaki: Former Apple Executive and legendary presenter Guy Kawasaki teaches you how to give a presentation. Learn his basic steps for creating a presentation and the rules about presenting that you must never break.
- Larry Ellison: Oracle Chairman Larry Ellison speaks at Open World 2009.
- Sheldon Adelson: Chairman of the Las Vegas Sands Sheldon Adelson talks about acheiving your dreams.
- Steve Wynn: CEO of Las Vegas’ Mirage, Steve Wynn talks about how he built up Las Vegas. Wynn has been credited with spearheading the dramatic resurgence and expansion of the Las Vegas Strip in the 1990s.
- Lakshmi Mittal: Mittal is a steel magnate and one of the world’s richest executives. He talks business in this video.
- Phil Knight: Michael Moore talks with Nike Chairman Phil Knight. This is part of Michael Moore’s investigation into US companies moving American jobs overseas.
- Paul Ottellini: Intel CEO Paul Ottellini is interviewed. He became the company’s fifth CEO on May 18, 2005, succeeding Craig R. Barrett. Otellini previously had served as Intel’s president and chief operating officer, positions he held since 2002, the same year he was elected to Intel’s board of directors. Otellini joined Intel in 1974. Otellini received a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of San Francisco in 1972, and an MBA from the University of California, Berkeley in 1974.
- Sam Palmisano: IBM CEO Sam Palmisano talks about making cities smarter. This speech has Palmisano talking more about his charity and philanthropic work than about business. Palmisano joined the company as a salesman and, unlike most CEO’s, has no MBA or post-graduate qualification.
Hopefully these videos and many more will help you understand how these executives tick and learn some of their legendary business acumen. You might be surprised at how much you can learn about business and business leaders just from a few interviews and speeches on You Tube. But, it’s sure that you’ll learn plenty just by spending a few minutes watching some business geniuses on video.
As a manager it is natural for you to be tired of number of projects provided to you and the difficult deadlines as provided you to complete those tasks within permitted time limit. And sometimes you feel yourself indeed in an irritating position for project being in the incomplete stage and condition. That definitely develops an urge in you to handle things by an effective time management. By following some time management tips you not only make your life much easier but also better tuned to managerial skills working in your favor. You can have following tips in your favor as to become a better manager by employing some tips and measures in under your discretion.
- Make preference list for your tasks: You should devote some of your time in listing all your tasks for the day as it can save you out from wasting time over unnecessary and unimportant tasks. This way you would be able to devote your time to most important and necessary task for you.
- Share your duties: In case you are finding a task or job to be much difficult or over burdening then in such a situation you can pick up a to-do list and even can pass on that job and task to other persons that you feel are suitable to do that jobs.
- Give Time to More Quality Work: As you have decided what are the quality tasks and what are irrelevant on you’re to do list, hence you can share upon or devote more of your time of rather on quality work and duties.
- Divide your time consuming tasks: o9m Break large, time-consuming tasks into smaller tasks. Work on them a few minutes at a time until you get them all done.
- Concentrate over time that you are spending over a task: You should evaluate over time that you spend over a job or a specific assignment. Manage a dairy about every important schedule or task that you overtake and calculate how better you are performing over it in respect to time and quality of work as provided by you.
- Take rest whenever required: Whenever, you are working at office you need to organize yourself in a better and appropriate manner and taking break during work should be one of those efforts. Have a walk and do some more stretches at your workstation and spot of working. If necessary take a vacation of a day and then after rearrange yourself.
- Plan you’re every day: Spare some of your time in planning the day so you can have better control over you and can accomplish your daily tasks naturally and in better manner. Daily, prepare a to-do list and keep the most important task on the top of the list. This would help you to keep you away from last minute rush.
By management in all business and human organization we understood from the activity of collecting people to attain or fulfill a goal. Management consists of planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization for achieving a goal and a person handle the entire organization is known to be as a Manager. Below is provided an interesting list of most famous managers of present age.
- Jeffrey Immelt (General Electric): He succeeded Jack Welch as CEO of General Electrics in September 2001 and makes an incomparable impression upon GE’s culture and strategy. And he did all this for the company aftermath of September 11 attacks and shaky economic environment.
- Steven Reinemund (Pepsi Co): He made soda and potato chips to be mark of success in contemporary world of corporate competition. However Steven S. Reinemund made it more of Pepsi Co Inc a purveyor of junk foods; he made pepsi to $27 billion food and beverage giant as PepsiCo adds more than 200 product variations to its global portfolio of brands.
- Hector Ruiz (Advanced Micro Devices): As president and chief executive of Advanced Micro Devices he is known to as Mr. Fix it. Under his president ship he gave stiff competition to the rival company Inel Corporation from AMD’s hot selling Opteron server and Athlon 64 desktops and he made an agenda for next generation PC designs.
- Anne Mulcahy (Xerox): Anne Mulcahy when joined Xerox in August 2001 then at that time company was reeling under tremendous pressure as was charges from Securities & Exchange Commission over accounting practices and the biggest problem faced by the company was in $14billion in debt. However she made sharp staff and business cuts and brought new chief financial officer and stabilized the company and put down debt to around $9.8 billion.
- Phil Knight (Nike): He stared his career from selling Japanese sneakers from the trunk of his car. And took nearly 40 years to make it $12.3 billion sports conglomerate. During 1980s and 1990s he completely changed the rules of the games for sports marketing. Next he changed high performance sports gear into a fashion statement.
- Chung Mong Koo (Hyundai): When in 1999 Chung Mong Koo joined South Korea’s largest car making company, Hyundai Motor Co.1999, he had not much idea about his achievements in the company and tasks to do further on. However, to the latest update to the quality he put Hundai as equivalent to Toyota.
- Henning Kagermann (SAP): It is required for good manger to have smart thinking and crisp execution and it all combines into the CEO of software giant (SAP). Under his leadership the company has rose to the level of exceptional performance in field of software for accounting, sales management and manufacturing.
- Jerry Perenchio (Univision): With his control over Univision Communications he keeps nerves of the 40 million American Hispanics well in control. He has made Univision one of the most popular TV network among generation among 18 to 49 age groups.
- Robert Nardelli (Home Depot): He joined the company in December, 2000 that was heading towards a trouble. He at that time made time some decisions that were criticized at that time but are now paying off when company’s third quarter sales has jumped to 13.1%.
- Gary Forsee (Sprint): After joining the company in March 2003, he made a revolution in sluggish telecom sector. He combined Sprint’s wireless and wireline business to make a company that can provide from everything from cellular to local phone service.
Masters in Management programs are gaining popularity on a daily basis. This is because many companies are looking to hire employees who have obtained a Masters in Management, making the course very essential. It is however difficult or almost impossible for people to take time off from work to attend classes. Most people are now enrolling for online Masters in Management. This is because it contains units that focus on leadership, building entrepreneurial skills, business and also there’s some focus on human resource management, and all these are vital elements of running a business.
Most colleges and universities in the Unites States and all over the world are now offering this very important course online. Its popularity is rapidly increasing because it offers a very flexible schedule and is considerably cheaper than the normal campus Masters program.
Online Masters in Management programs help in the development of skills, which can be used in a wide range of industries. This enables one to be versatile, as one can apply the skills acquired from the Master program anywhere. This can make you a very competitive candidate for employment in any sector of the industry.
The online Masters in Management course takes a shorter time to complete than the campus program. This is of great benefit since you’ll be able to build your career much faster. They are also advantageous in that one gets to interact with very knowledgeable teachers and professors who’ll be teaching online. The schedules are very flexible and one can get the learning materials at any time of the day and do assignments and hand them in at your own pace.
The first thing one should ensure when enrolling for an online Masters in Management program is that the online College or university offering the program is accredited. Also ensure that the Masters degree itself is accredited, and thus recognized. Another thing that should be considered is the online lecturers. It is important to check their credibility and qualifications. Check the course work and other materials that you’ll be using to make sure that they are of good quality. This will ensure that you are getting your money’s worth, in terms of quality of education, and prevent you from being a victim of fraud. A good online Masters Degree in Management will broaden your career path, and open new chances of finding a job that suits you without struggling much.