Today’s managers are always on the go. And that means that, more than ever, we rely on mobile communications tools and computers to keep us up to date on all that’s going on at the office, with our employees and with our clients. There are a wide variety of web apps for our computers and phones that can help us be more productive, as well as helping ensure that we’re always in touch. Here are 17 web apps we think will help make you a better manager. We’ve included apps for the Android, the iPhone and for you computer or USB drive as well.
For your Android
- To Do Task Manager Pro: Keep your activities organized, and your to do lists in order. Once you have your tasks and activities loaded, you can see what your day will be like in just a glance.
- Talking Calendar: Keep up with your appointments with a calendar that talks to you!
- Upvise: This Android app lets you access and share business information back at the office when you are away.
- AK Notepad: This notepad for Android provides a great way to make, store and track notes. This little app makes it much easier to stay organized and keep track of your notes.
- Scan to PDF: Scan a paper document and convert it to a PDF file instantly on your phone. This application is great for eliminating paper and keeping all your documents secure.
- SwiFTP: This application allows you to FTP to your phone from any machine on the internet. You’ll love being able to do quick file transfers right to your Android.
- Folder Organizer: This app lets you organize your apps, bookmarks, contacts and shortcuts by creating labels. You can also customize the icons for the labels that you create. You can really make your phone more organized and easier to use by taking advantage of this application.
For Your iPhone
- Thumbjot: Thumbjot allows you rapid jotting via text message or the web. Even if you can’t text with the speed of a teenager, you’ll find that Thumbjot makes you faster than before.
- OmniFocus: This task management application allows you to create to do lists, as well as sync with documents on your desktop. This application can really help you stay organized, which is especially important if you spend a lot of time out of the office.
- Full Screen Web Browser: Does just what it says: lets you browse in full screen. It makes your phone so much more useful as a web browser.
- Evernote: You’ll never take notes on paper again. It’s so easy to take notes on your phone and save them or file them. You’ll likely never use paper for notes again once you try Evernote.
- AirSharing: A great way to share files: AirSharing allows you to mount your iPhone or iPod Touch as a wireless drive on any computer, drag and drop files and then view them on your device.
- Bento: A personal database on the go. You can manage all your information in one spot.
- iBlueSky: A great brainstorming application for getting ideas out of your head an into a document.
- Go to Meeting: If your company has a GoToMeeting account, this is an ideal app to help you keep partners and staff in sync while engaging in meetings. You can’t take control of the meeting but the audio feature works great with or without earbuds and the mic.
For Your Computer and Portable USB Drive
- Open Office: Open Office is a portable version of Microsoft Office. It includes a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation tool, drawing package and database.
- Footnote: Footnote is a large online repository of historical documents. It’s a great way to keep track of documents and stay organized.
There are lots of apps out there. So, even after you’ve tried out these seventeen, be sure to check out others that might help you stay organized and make you a better and more productive manager. You might even find that it frees up more time for your personal life, too.